Sunday, September 30, 2007

Just give the people what they want!

Ok, it sounds like my dear readers would like some more information about me and Beatrice- let's call her B. If you don't know who I am talking about, I'm afraid you'll have to read my previous post. It was 10 years ago exactly that B and I met. Like any relationship, things were shiny and new in the beginning. In the first picture here, you see B with me my freshman year, with my two new roommies and best friends, Sharla and Lauren. B is on the far right. I can't explain why all three of us look like idiots in this picture. We were freshman, what can I say? I'm sure we felt clever and cute. Apparently B gave me a sense of confidence because we were together for all of the big milestones- meeting my first college crush, pulling my first college all-nighter to study for a chem test, stewing about the grade I got on my first big chem test... and the subsequent cooking dough binge (thank goodness B was plenty roomy!)


In this next picture, you see B in her sophomore year on the far left. By this time I felt some loyalty to B. As you can see, not only did she give me comfort in the hard times, she kept me dry in the wet times. Just as this week marks the beginning of Homecoming festivities, this rain-soaked day 9 years ago took place during the Homecoming Olympics. It might have been raining cats and dogs but darn it, B and I weren't going to miss the Egg-toss or human pyramid for nothin'!

This next photo was taken my junior year. B is on the far right. B definitely saw a lot of time on the tennis court over the years. This particular day, I triumphed over one of my main rivals on the court. I was glad B was with me to celebrate- it's nice to give something back to your loved ones once in awhile!


This next picture was taken the senior year. I had just received flowers from my eventual husband. I always knew B had a jealous streak in her, but that year it came out more than ever. Eventually, I turned to some of my other big comfy sweatshirts- hoodies, embroidered ones, and the like. I even took one of the newbies on vacation with me- I don't think B has ever fully forgiven me for that.






Over the years I have accumulated more Simpson tshirts and sweatshirts than you could ever imagine. After the whole "vacation-incident" I found B crouched over one of her poor competitors who arms had been detached with precision, scissors lying conspicuously next to her. I was distraught at first, then it gave me an idea. Some people would consider this quilt just a nice cozy wrap.... don't be fooled. This is a graveyard of the unfortunate...
Here, years later, stained, worn, stretched out and holey, B is back in my good graces. We've just been through too much- crushes, rainy days, celebrations, sports, weddings and now, domestic life. My advice to you- get your own, get 'er early- there are lots of memories to be made and you'll need someone soft and warm to share them with!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your blogs. Keep up the good work! GB :)

Anonymous said...

Finally! Lol, this is awesome! For a second, I was afriad you'd turned her into a pillow...

Anonymous said...

I mean afraid, not afriad.

DREW said...

dear beth
I am deeply sorry that you're clustermap has a lack of London hits. But i have 2 VERY good excuses.

1) you're uncanny ability to perfectly string words together in witty sentences and phrases makes me and my blog feel like amatures. and sad.So I save myself the shame.

2)I miss Simpson and by reading the blogs i just think about everything going on back home and it makes me sad.

Sincerely,
dREW

DREW said...

I promise its the truth..lol..seriously..

I'll try though!