Friday, August 24, 2007

Blahhhh-ging

So, here it is- 24 hours before new student move-in day. And sure enough, it has rained for 5 straight days. As I type, our football team is scrimmaging their first game of the season just 100 yards away from me. I'd loved to say I am sitting here watching them from my office window- battling it out on the gridiron. Caked in mud from head to toe. Grimy, gritty but warriors through and through.


But, in all honesty, these days our field, like most others, is artificial turf. The worst thing the rain does is cause a little slippage. Maybe a little turf-burn. Anticlimatic don't you think? So, there is nothing interesting or dramatic about the game or the day. It's just rainy. And gray. And wet. Blahhh.


Let's hope for some sunshine tomorrow!

No comments: