Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Harry Potter and the Dairy Deluge

OK, what has deep fried *insert food here* (seriously anything will work- hot dogs, bananas, snickers, pickles...) on a stick, top notch musical acts from around the world, and a few thousand sticks of buttery goodness artistically sculpted into the form of my favorite boy-wizard? If you guessed a popcorn factory on a busy British street corner during RockStock 2007 you'd be wrong. It's actually the Iowa State Fair, in all of it's 100 degree, sweat dripping, food-on-a-stick licking, "you've got to be kidding me she's not really wearing that in public," glory. It's got to be the only place where you can watch tractor square-dancing, then rock out a few hours later to Alice Cooper. Very nice indeed.

Bottom line is this- if you're going to be in the area anyway to try your hand at the rooster clucking contest or cow patty flinging, then zoom on down to campus- we're only about 15 minutes out of the way. While we don't have a contest for highest corn stalk, I haven't given up all hope of immortalizing our president in the form of butter. I mean, come on, if it's good enough for Harry Potter! ? !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, no you did NOT just suggest we butter up the prez, did you?!
VOTE:
yes=1
no=0
--Sara

DREW said...

haha...a butter president Byrd would def be another Simpson first.

Jamie O. said...

Is cow patty flinging really an option? If so, I am sad that I have missed out during all of the previous years of my life. That's so what I am doing tonight...after I check out the butter Harry Potter, of course.